Alley Scraper Magnum 4400
A new generation design for large free stall barns with traditional ruggedness and quality.
Your benefits at a glance:
- High capacity: Cleans 1000’ Alleys (Center Dump) with 3/8˝ cable
- Industrial duty gear box: Largest, most rugged gear box in the industry. Features roller bearings and a 2- 1/4˝ hardened drive shaft. Gearbox and motor mounted at eye level for easy maintenance
- Chains: Number 80 drive chain. Number 40 timing chain is uniquely mounted outside the frame and does not travel through any manure. Equipped with a simple and effective chain tightening system. All chains and sprockets are shielded for safety.
- Proximity switches: These solid state switches are extremely reliable, more accurate and last longer than the mechanical limit switches found on competitive units. One switch controls cable direction; the other shuts off unit if cable overwraps.
- Scraper blades: Unique design can be operated as a straight blade or in an angled position. In either position there is much less area to hand scrape. Folding ends follow curb edge regardless of alley width for improved cleaning.
- Blades immediately tip up on reverse stroke minimizing dragging of manure and increasing blade life.
- Wings can be folded together allowing blade to be straddled when bedding free stalls
- Entire scraper blade can be removed from drawbar for cleaning or service
- Option: Modified scraper for rubber flooring installations to reduce friction and possible damage to rubber flooring the scraper blade described above has two modifications
- UHMW wheels are installed to the scraper allowing the entire frame assembly to roll rather than slide on the rubber surface.
- A rubber wiper is installed on the leading edge of the scraper to prevent the steel blade from direct contact with the rubber surface.
- 16˝ Corner wheels: Cast iron construction. UHMD Nylon Bushings require no grease and outlast roller bearings especially in sand bedding situations. Removable safety cover (shown removed) and slide out wheel assembly simplify installation and maintenance
- Pre-wired controller: Speeds installation time. 24 hour timer allows for customized cleaning schedule. Solid state PLC constantly* monitors cable tension and shuts off unit when strain exceeds safety limits. If tension is relieved within 30 seconds the unit will restart. Current sensors provide backup safety protection.
*Actually measures the strain twice a second.