Foam-Kote™ 5 & 10
Iodine Foaming Teat Dips
Foam-Kote 5 - 0.5% (5,000ppm) iodine and Foam-Kote 10 - 1% (10,000ppm) iodine are specially formulated for pre-milking foaming application, providing increased dip visibility, coverage, and stimulation, along with the germicidal power of iodine.
Features & Benefits
- Increased Visibility and Coverage - Dark brown staining qualities of the dip, and increased surface area when foamed, provides excellent confirmation that teats have been thoroughly covered.
- Better Scrubbing Action and Stimulation - During application, pressurized foam penetrates cracks and crevices and moves around the teat providing a scrubbing action that lifts soil from the teats and increases stimulation of milk flow.
- Enhanced Kill Rate - Laboratory tests show Foam-Kote produces a quicker bacteria kill versus a competitor’s foaming dip. This reduces the chance of new intramammary infections.
- Controlled pH - Provides excellent bacteria kill without danger of irritation to cows’ teats.
- Freeze/Thaw Stability - If frozen, this product can be thawed completely, mixed to its original state and used with confidence.
- Ready to Use - No mixing is required.
- NOTE: Although post-dipping can be done with foam, the following should be considered: - Foam dries slower than liquid and the cows may lie down after milking. Organic material may stick to the teat. - Foaming products are formulated for fast kill rates rather than high emollients (the higher the emollient, the less it foams).